28 December, 2006

Blogging can be beautiful



I made that first cup and sat down on this spot where I sit now. I began to wander around, looking for truth, beauty or whatever I could find of value in the vast world of blogging.

I've spent the past hour now, reading blog entries from all over the world, blogs I've never visited before and may never have the privilege of visiting again. I've discovered that there is a great deal of beauty in the blog world, as odd as that may seem. The vast majority isn't. Blog and beauty are two words that seem not to look right in the same sentence. Blog beauty. No. I go back to what I've said before.
The word "blog" is so...well, it sounds like an old man clearing his throat. It certainly doesn't sound like something of beauty or worthy of note. And to be called a blogger. I can't imagine anything more insulting. I'm not being truthful. Of course I can. But I'm not going to say.

I started to say, before I interrupted myself, that I wanted to take some of the more beautiful passages that I've read from these blogs, and post them here. But, I just can't. I feel as if I've come upon someone's personal journal in an old chest of drawers I've purchased from a flea market. It's bad enough that I open it. Worse still that I read the pages. This is not my business! Shame on me. But I read it anyway. I will compound the crime by sharing with you the my most intimate findings of the morning.

There are probably millions of blogs on the naked web that are worth spending time some time with. I encourage you to put on some sound shoes and a warm scarf and go on
a hunt for truth, beauty, love and adventure.

Two hours have elapsed since I made that first, delicious, hot cup of coffee. My cup is now cold and empty. I must go. I'll probably be back.

No comments: