02 December, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookies
















I got tired of opening those packages of Toll House cookie dough, so I decided that--with the aid of The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion--to make them from scratch. Not being able to find any scratch, I resorted to flour, chocolate chips, baking powder and all the usual ingredients. I didn't use butter, for although the cookies were ostensibly for the boys and their mom, I knew I'd probably succumb to temptation. I used Smart Balance instead.

They turned out great. Just one of the side effects of the Christmas spirit. What the heck is the matter with me?! They were too sweet, in my opinion, so I think I'll use a little less brown sugar next time. That will probably be this afternoon, since my very social eleven year old son is having a "few" friends over.

And btw, I did succumb--just a wee bit.

No comments: