02 December, 2006

Coq au vin





I just sneaked a peek at the magazine my wife is reading. She went out shopping and left it open on the sofa.

The article is about and includes a recipe for coq au vin, which explains why she asked me to pick up a bottle of red wine. No beans and rice tonight.

There used to be a very good French restaurant on 8th Avenue in NYC called the Coq au Vin.


Well, I finished washing and putting away the dishes and after I finish this I'll
get to the laundry.

I bought a shoe box full of old photos at a yard sale a few summers ago for a couple of bucks. They just looked interesting. I don't understand why anyone would want to part with such great photos, I suppose of their family, but I love them. Here's just one. I post some others on another day. I'm impressed with the simplicity, composure and directness of the subjects in this and in all the others.

No comments: